ALERT - CTB Sneaks in Outer Beltway
The Virginia Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB) is trying to sneak in an Outer Beltway without input from Loudoun residents. It’s an irresponsible use of taxpayer dollars. Loudoun residents mostly commute east-west, and these roads are already jammed with traffic. Instead of building new roads in low-traffic areas, we should devote resources to fixing what we already have.
The Outer Beltway / Western Bypass would just be another development corridor, most likely build as a toll road. Please join Supervisor Burton opposing the outer beltway .
If the CTB vote passes in approval on the 20th, the county and the people have to comply and there won't be any opportunity for public input or opposition of the Board of Supervisors.
An outer beltway won’t decrease traffic:
- An outer beltway would only make our traffic worse by opening new areas to sprawl development.
- This would undermine the authority of local governments. The CTB is not elected and does not answer to voters, yet they appear willing to take away our rights.
- If approved, this Corridor of Statewide Significance would threaten our Transition Area policies and take money away from our real needs, like schools and East-West transportation .
- Loudoun residents support our approved Comp Plan.
- At a time when the State is borrowing money to pay for roads, an outer beltway would be a terrible use of funding.